Governors’ Field future re-opening
The Prime Minister surprised Parish Councils with an announcement on June 23rd that outdoor playgrounds could re-open on July 4th, providing it could be done so “safely” and the playgrounds could be made “Covid secure”. Prior to this, we were working with detailed guidance which recommended that all children’s playgrounds should remain closed at UK Government Covid Alert Level 3 (the UK’s current status).
On June 26th, detailed guidance appeared on the government website for owners and operators of playgrounds. The “new normal” has to include procedures to minimise risk of transmission of the virus. In the case of the Governors’ Field, this might include:
- Limiting the number of users able to use the play area
- Keeping users 1m+ apart during play
- Asking that only 1 family member can accompany each child
- Limiting the number of seats on equipment to promote social distancing
- Marking out queuing and waiting areas
- Cleaning of high traffic touch points
- Asking parents/carers to clean equipment where there are clear touch points – eg see saws, swing rockers
Please bear with us while we undertake a risk assessment and plan how we will operate. We also have some maintenance and cleaning tasks to undertake before we can open.
We will need volunteers to help to operate the playground once open, eg to clean the equipment.